Thanks for all the replies. I'll try to answer them all here.

I did not have the Pre off nor the attenuator. I'm still not sure how
to get the K9AY as an RX ant preamped on the K3 and not the Inverted
L. The K9AY needs more pre. I do have the sub.

I tried to run the K9AY through the KXV3 as I did when I did not have
the sub but I have the K9 running through the Aux BNC that came with
the sub. I'll have to see if I can straighten that up after the
contest.

I am giving the settings below a go.

I was not able to set the below options on the sub as it came up N/A
when I tried to so I assume there is only one setting and that
applies to main & sub.

Yes, I do live in a relatively RFI free area with the exception of to
the south where there is the only road leading in here. (I am
surrounded by state parks and am at the end of a salt water cove).

My joy is in working the really faint DX so that's where I am trying
to set this up best for.

160 is hopping!

Thanks,

Gary