I've been finding the same problems in the 160 test.

A lower baud rate seems like it would be fine for most things, but I
wonder if it would tend to shorten any Morse elements?  Now that I think
of it, maybe not, since the speed would remain the same at the USB end
of the interface.  And to send CW, the program just toggles a
handshaking line, independent of baud.

I do think that CW seems a tiny bit "clipped" from N1MM compared with
that using the built-in keyer.

I'm thinking RF problems too. I just re-intsalled my quarter wave
Marconi since the landscapers cut down my main antenna tree the other
day, so I probably changed the local field strength in some way.  N1MM
is having other hesitation problems as well.  I should probably
re-install it.

73--Nick, WA5BDU