From: "Jan Erik Holm" <sm2...@telia.com>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:53 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] 6 Meters and TX IMD

Elecraft K3 is sold as a "High Performance Radio",
this is in print clearly stated on the web page.

The 6m RX in K3 can not be called high performance.
With a NF of above 10 and MDS as it is.

The transmitter on SSB has so poor IMD that it can
not be called high performance. ARRL and many others
has measured poor TX IMD. I hear K3´s on the air
every day with poor SSB TX IMD. People do have
problems with PSK and other digital modes due to
poor TX performance.

IMO 6m is fixed with the preamp, no big issue anymore.
However it should be stated in advertisement that for
high performance on 6m K3 needs a preamp.

Then we have the transmitter, what to do?? The problem
has been swept under the carpet and it doesn´t go
away by itself, it is stil there, under the carpet.

73 Jim SM2EKM