I have read the comments on the QRPNEW review and while I support
someone's right to disagree with what I find true, I believe in
accountability. That anonymous postings on a review site I use to
gather information prior to purchasing is allowed to occur is most
disturbing and cheapens the quality of the Eham review score.

I sent the email below to the manager of the EHam reviews and you
might be inclined to follow suit, use your own words but if it
matters to you, then let him know your feelings.

73,
Gary
KA1J
-------Email below-------

Hi Phil,

Thought I would pass my 2 cents on to you;

I have an Elecraft K3 which I personally find to be the finest
transceiver I have ever operated. I frequent the Elecraft reflector
and the current comment is about a review on EHam on the Elecraft K3
topic. The review was by "QRPNEW" and placed there on Jan 26, 2009:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6673

The review is to me, written as if the person knows little about the
radio and more as if the person has an agenda against it. The radio
costs so much that it is most difficult to imagine someone would buy
something they obviously never researched. Much they complain about
in this most lengthy review is not true with my radio and flies in
the positive reviews by pretty much everybody else.

I understand we are all entitled to our own opinions but as some of
the writers on the Elecraft reflector have mentioned, prior to being
allowed to write a review on Eham, the person should be a licensed
amateur and member of EHam and not allowed to be an anonymous poster.

I agree with this whole-heartedly.

By the hostility in that review some on the reflector have suggested
it sounds like it was written by an Elecraft competitor with a vested
interest in un-truths about a successful competitor. Re-reading the
article with that in mind, it sounds plausible but I have no way to
know the writer's true intent.

My reason for writing to you as manager of the EHam reviews is to
encourage you to put a stop to anonymous postings on EHam reviews, a
dunning report by someone who can do so to lower a score maliciously
without accountability affects the good will of the EHam review.

FWIW, I have zero connection to Elecraft other than I have bought the
K3 as a kit, assembled it myself and have bought all the options it
offers and installed them myself. I did not get a price break and
paid full price for all of it.

Thank you for your considerations,

Gary
KA1J