Tom CX7TT wrote:

> All this talk about TX IMD and monitoring voltage, etc got me to check
> out my K3. I usually run @ 50w into small amp and I see 13.7V on rcv and
> 11.5 while xmit. If I run the power up to 100w, I see 13.7 and 10.8; do
> I have a problem? I am using an unmetered Astron RS-35 into our standard
> 220v house supply.

I should say so!

I suppose you are using the internal voltmeter in the VFO B position? For me
it reads 13.9V off-load (DMM reads 13.94V at the PSU output terminals). At
100W key down on 20m, rig draws about 18.5A, voltage drops to 13.5V. This is
using a Diamond GSV3000 PSU and the standard weedy K3 power cable, cropped
down to the shortest length possible to get from A to B, no more than a
couple of feet.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham