Tom,

You do have a problem.  I recommend that you first check the voltage
during transmit at 100 watts at the power supply terminals.  If there is
more than a few tenths of a volt drop there, you will have a power
supply problem - the power supply terminals have connections on the
inside as well as the outside and they must be tight and free of
corrosion.  A few milliohms of resistance at 18 amps will create a
significant voltage drop.

Next thing to investigate is the power cord and its terminating
connections.  The APP connectors are quite good as long as the crimp to
the wire is tight enough to be what is considered 'gas-tight'  If there
are any doubts about the quality of the crimp, solder the connectors.
Whatever termination you use on the power supply end is suspect too, the
same criteria should be applied as for the APP connectors - good crimps
or solder if there is any doubt.  Be certain the power cord is tight on
the power supply output terminal bolts.

Lastly, if the power cord is much longer than it has to be, shorten it,
every inch of wire has some resistance.  If you need to use a long
length, consider using #10 wire instead of the #12 supplied by
Elecraft.  Don;t get me wrong, #12 is entirely adequate if all other
conditions are good, but 5 feet of #12 does have  8.1 milliohms
resistance, but the return path also adds to the voltage drop, so the
entire resistance is 16.2 milliohms which translates to 0.3 volts drop
at 18 amps due to the copper.  The drop using  #10 wire will be about
2/3 of that seen with #12.

 From all that, you should conclude that the most significant voltage
drop from light load to 18 amps load will be in the connections, but
about 0.3 volts will be contributed by the wire.

73,
Don W3FPR