Jim:

>A few days ago I was messing around with the K3 (as usual) and
>having set the AF gain
>control at about 11 O'clock with the AGC set for fast I wondered
>what would the audio
>results be if I switched "OFF" the AGC with that particular setting.
>
>BIG MISTAKE! When the AGC is OFF the resulting audio thru the
>speaker almost blew out
>my left-eardrum!!! In other rigs that was never a concern because it
>would never
>happen (PERIOD!)
>
>Why such a HUGE difference in audio between "on/off" states of (AGC)
>in the K3???

With all due respect, pal, that's what you get when you turn the Automatic GAIN
Control OFF... you no longer have automatic gain 'leveling' and then
are completely
dependent upon MANUALLY controlling the AF GAIN!

However, there IS a setting in the K3 CONFIG menu [AF LIM] which will allow you
to limit the amount of output when you turn the AGC off.

Hope this helps,

73,

Tom Hammond    N0SS