Hello all,

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I am looking to fire up the soldering iron and digging in again.  My K2, #1998, was one of the earlier kits.  It is a revision A.  Right now it has the 160 board, internal battery and NB options, but it is strictly CW.

I want to get the rig back 'up to snuff' and do whatever mods need to be done to make it current.  I plan to add the SSB module, and eventually ditch the battery and add the amp, but for now, what are the critical drop-dead mods I need to do so that I am starting on a level playing field?  I sold my big-rig last year and so the K2 is my one-and-only.

I also noticed that there is a lot of documentation on soldering, but none on desoldering.  Any good ideas would be appreciated since I see a lopt of that in my future.  Thanks guys and gals,

Jim