Jim,

The 'old' crystals were used in K2s prior to SN 2560, so if your SN is
higher, you have the newer crystals.
The old crystals quality was not inferior - as quality is normally
measured for crystals used for oscillators and such.  However, Elecraft
tightened the specs on the motional parameters with the crystal
manufacturer, and the new crystals are more tightly controlled for the
parameters that matter most in a crystal filter.

73,
Don W3FPR