> I'm still wondering what the tolerance is on such published
> curves.

I would not be so much concerned about tolerance as sampling
error on the curves.  Still, the Elecraft curves are generally
similar to those given by INRAD for the same filter or those
with a similar (e.g., 8215 or 8830 KHz) center frequency and
bandwidth.  For example, Inrad's curves for the KFL3A-2.1K &
KFL3A-1.0 are identical to those from Elecraft ... Inrad's
curves are wider for the KFL3A-6K & KFL3A-400 and Elecraft's
cure is wider for the KFL3A-1.8K.  (Inrad does not publish
curves for the KFL3A-2.8K or KFL3A-250 ... nor do they have
any information on the 1500 and 500 Hz "custom" filters)

> My testing was done in CW mode with the pitch in the
> low 300's (320 Hz, as I recall).

The DSP begins to roll off at 200 Hz even if LO = 0.00.  Any
measurement where FC (Pitch) is less than [BW60/2 + 200] will
be inaccurate on the skirts and any measurement where FC is
less than BW6/2 + 200 will have essentially identical lower
frequency responses.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV