Excellent reasons to post an *answer* ON the reflector.

1) Without going into people's motives, from time to time someone will make
a mistake answering a question for another. They'll make a wrong assumption
or simply be incorrect in their understanding. When that answer is posted
publicly, others will read and correct it and *everyone* benefits.

2) Some claim off-line posts reduces the number of messages, but my
experience suggests that just the opposite is true. For every question
asked, there are several wondering the same thing. One answer on the
reflector answers them all and often even brings up other questions. And
that's what it's all about.

Eric does not tolerate "flames" or even consistently impolite behavior,
making this forum is a safe place for newbies and experts alike to talk in
"public".

I will disagree with Jim on one point. I've followed this reflector since
2000. From time to time we've had someone spend time here who is very hard
to interact with, but they never seem to last very long while there are a
lot of great guys who have been around here longer than I such as Tom N0SS
and Don W3FPR. (My apologies to many others whose calls/names don't come to
mind immediately who also take their time to provide meaningful and useful
answers. I know it's a rather long list.)

Interacting with others here feels much like a virtual club meeting with a
lot of friends old and new, some of whom show up only occasionally and
others who are here almost every day.

Don't hesitate to join in and let the good times roll (on)...

Ron AC7AC