Hi guys,

I get a little chatty when I'm overwhelmed with anticipation, as I am about
my upcoming order for a new K3. Haven't been this excited since I went
from my 1st xmtr (a Knight kit T-60) to a used DX100B.

Anyway, in short. I plan to add the sub rx at a later date. (maybe next
year).  Eager to enjoy the maximum benefit of diversity, I am concerned
about filter planning for the rig I'm getting now.

How critical are matched filters in the sub rx?, and, would getting the
8-pole filters now, alleviate that necessity somewhat?  I have read about
their zero offset eliminating somewhat the need to match now, or
something to that effect.

Being a cw guy, I planned on the 500 & 200 (5) pole filters for right
away. As for diversity, since I never experienced it before, I'm sure
it will still be diversity to "me" anyway. But after all, a little better than
real good is most times hard to measure.

What say?