From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bill Feidt
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:28 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K3: Configuring N1MM to send CW

I'm trying to set up N1MM to send CW to my K3 for ARRL DX CW next weekend.
I'm
using the USB to Serial cable supplied by Elecraft.  The computer radio
control
is working fine and I'm able to get spots, change bands, QSY to spots, etc.
I'm
set up for SO1V. I've checked "CW" box on the same port (COM4) as is used
for
radio control. The N1MM K3 "SupportedRadios" page
(http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/html/English/SupportedRadios.htm) says,

   The K3 accepts CW on DTR (pin 4) of the same COM port
   you're using to control the K3. Set N1MM to send CW on
   that port (Ports setup), and set PTT-KEY (second K3
   CONFIG menu) to OFF-DTR, and set the K3 for QSK. In
   other words, you don't need that transistor adapter unless
   you want to do SO2R.

However, when I set PTT-KEY to OFF-DTR, the K3 goes into "Test" output mode
and
the transmitted in keyed continuously until I take it out of OFF-DTR.  The
K3 is
set for QSK.

What am I doing wrong?

Any insight will be very much appreciated.

73,

Bill/NG3K