Jim,

Being in split mode and pressing *AND HOLDING* the REV button allows you
to listen on the split frequency until you release the REV button. Us
"old" Kenwood guys got used to the "T-F Set" button for this function.
It's not as good as having a dual receiver, but you can develop the skill
required to use it almost as effectively.

73,

Bob W5OV