Kieth,

My vote is for the KWM2 because it brought the concept of transceivers
to amateur radio.
My second vote is for the Drake C line.  I believe that was the
turnaround point of amateur thinking about receiver performance.  Prior
to that time, the major consideration for receiver specs was
'sensitivity' - it did not matter how much noise was amplified, if it
was more sensitive, it was better.

73,
Don W3FPR