What fun....

I agree with a lot of you, but I was a poor kid and never had the Collins or
Drake experience....  All I had is what people would give be to use....

How about the HW100/101 - put SSB and Transceivers in the hands of everyone's
pocket book - cheap version of the KWM2 - and it was a kit!  (also the SB
series too)

TS-520 - Fantastic for the time (matured to the 830 amd 850)

FT-1000MP
- Never liked the FT series (seem to be the FTdx transceiver of the
month depending on how much power you could get out of sweep tubes) but
the MP was significant rig.

ICOM 765 - Still liked by contesters

TenTec
Triton Series - QSK for the masses.  Front ends could overload, but
good solid CW radio that worked on SSB as well.  Cute!

K2 - nuff said

K3
- Just the beginning of some very fantastic radio technlogy - SDR types
of radios which I think we are seeing the beginning stages of the
technology.  (I would put the Flex radios in here too, but I have never
operated one, but the technology is ... astounding.)

Lee Buller
K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?