K2MK wrote:

> I was wondering why the NR feature is unavailable in data modes. During
> the
> WPX using AFSK A on 80 meters it seems like it would have been beneficial
> have some noise reduction. (I use MixW).

The DSP demodulators that are used by programs like MixW to decode data
modes aren't bothered by the noise at all. Or at least, the effect of the
noise is less than it would be if NR was used, which will inevitably remove
some useful information along with the noise.

Possibly the NR would be useful if someone was using the K3 audio output to
feed an analog decoder. But nobody would do that, would they?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.g4ilo.com/blog.html G4ILO's
Blog    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3