K2MK wrote:
> I was wondering why the NR feature is unavailable in data modes.
> During the WPX using AFSK A on 80 meters it seems like it would have
> been beneficial to have some noise reduction. (I use MixW).

Because it would remove the signal.  One of the main functions is, I
believe, to act as an adaptive notch filter, which would mean that, most
likely, it would notch out the spacing tone on RTTY.  Also the most
optimal digital modes tend to be almost indistinguishable from random
noise to anything other than the matched demodulator.

Basically, NR reduces subjective noise for speech, but will play havoc
with digital modulation.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to