One other thing you might lose is the ability to get the DX station back
into both ears with one button-push (SUB), which might be useful if he's
weak (like T27A was on my off-band dipole last night). Maybe I'm alone
in finding that I can hear the weak ones better when I have them in both
ears...

     ~Iain / N6ML