Svend,

In that case, try the "Cheap and Dirty Signal Tracing in the K2" that
you can download from the Elecraft website Builder's Resource page then
Troubleshooting Tips link.
The direct link is
http://www.elecraft.com/TechNotes/SigTr/K2%20Cheap%20%27n%20Dirty%20Signal%20Tracing.pdf.

That should reveal whether the problem is with the bandpass filter or
the low pass filter.

Once you have located the problem area, check the soldering - yes, even
though it used to work, there could still be an unsoldered or poorly
soldered connection that has finally developed enough oxidation to now fail.

If the soldering is good, the next item to check is the relay  K1 if the
problem is in the bandpass filter or K12 in the low pass filter.  Set
the band to 40 meters and check for continuity directly across the relay
contacts with your ohmmeter.  The relays are latching, so they can be
checked after power is removed from the K2. The schematic shows the
relays in their non-selected position (i.e. when 40 meters is selected,
there should be continuity between K1 pins 3 and 4, but not pins 2 and 3).

73,
Don W3FPR