Mike,

The only person that would change the firmware would be Wayne Burdick
himself.  In the K2 it would require replacement of the firmware chip
because K2 firmware is not downloadable like the K3.

You would likely have to pry Wayne away from his K3 MCU firmware efforts
to get his attention, but you certainly could ask.

73,
Don W3FPR