From: Gregg [mailto:w6...@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:55 PM
To: 'James Sarte'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Weird EMI issue... part deux

James:

I suspect that what you are hearing is an artifact of the pulses generated
by the tuning encoder. These pulses are audible on some K3s on 6 meters. The
fact that they are not as loud with the pre-amp on is most likely due to an
increase in the noise floor when the pre-amp is activated that somewhat
masks the pulses.

Gregg
W6IZT