To enter a 600m frequency on the K3, say 506 KHz, use this sequence:

[FREQ ENT] 0506 [ENTER]

where [ENTER] is the AFX button.

If you are going to listen on 600m it might be helpful to manually
tune the ATU for optimum reception: First select KAT3= LCSET in the
Config menu; then exit the config menu and press ATU TUNE. You can
then adjust CA or CT with the VFO-A knob, and adjust L with the VFO-B
knob. Switch between CA/CT with the ANT button. (When you are done
with 600m don't forget to switch Config: KAT3 back to AUTO, and retune
the ATU on 160m if you use that band.Otherwise the K3 will try to use
your manual settings for 160m.)

73,
Drew
AF2Z