From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2/100 RX Filter Question
To: tomk3...@yahoo.com
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 7:26 AM

Tom,

Congratulations on your purchase of the used K2/100.

Is this a case of setting the K2 in CW mode the first time and SSB mode the
2nd?  The KDSP2 has different width filters for CW and SSB.  The audible change
when changing the CW filters is substantial, but may not be as obvious when the
SSB filters are progressively switched in.

In any case, I suggest you review the KDSP2 instruction manual.  If your used
K2 did not come with manuals, you can download them from the Elecraft website.

73,
Don W3FPR

Tom Baxter wrote:
> Hello to all. I just  bought a used K2/100 last week and am new to the
group.  The seller forgot to send the cable that hooks the rig to the tuner, but
it is on its way.  I’ve been sticking with very resonant antennas as I feel my
way through the introduction to the K2. However, I think I may have botched
something up already and can’t figure out how to unbotch it. When I first
began doing A/B tests with my TS 480, a tap on the XFIL/AFIL took me and
continues to take me through the four FL filters. I then began to hold the
button for one second and engage the AFIL filters. They too went through the
appropriate progression with the expected differences in receive audio. However,
now when I hold the button for one second, the screen shows the AFIL filters
going through the same progression, but I detect no difference in the receive
audio.  Have I accidentally done something wrong or does it sound as if there is
a malfunction in the rig? Tnx for