Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:54:31 -0600
From: "Robert Naumann" <w...@w5ov.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft Dust Covers, Carry Cases, and More
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

David,

If you were not transporting the K3 and merely keeping it safe on a shelf or
in a closet, you might want to place it with the handle towards the opening
so you could lift it out of the case somewhat more easily with the handle.

While transporting it on the shoulder strap, you would want the front panel
facing up so you minimize the chances of smashing the delicate front panel
into something. Also, since the case is not rigid, the shoulder strap will
put pressure on the back and side panels as you carry it with the front
panel facing up - I would not want to put that pressure on any part of the
front panel.

So, when I travel with mine, it's front panel towards the opening - not the
handle.

73,

Bob W5OV