From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of W0MU Mike Fatchett
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:58 AM
To: 'Elecraft reflector'
Subject: [Elecraft] (no subject)

On my 2nd K3 that I just built there was a problem with the com/pwr/mon not
tuning smoothly.

I received a new front panel board today and just installed it and it has
fixed the problem.  Thanks for speedy shipping of the part!  I took a chance
and repaired the radio right before the ARRL DX SSB contest.  Yeah I know
better but I wanted the radio to be perfect for the contest.  I would not
have done the repair if I was super serious about the contest.

Just a heads up for anyone else that would ever have to replace this board.
Save your settings as you will need to set up the radio again, filters, VCO
etc.  I should have thought of this first and saved my settings but I
didn't.  I don't know if some of the settings and calibrations would still
need to be done.  I have not checked the power or the S meter yet.

Maybe Elecraft could include a sheet that warns you on what to expect when
replacing this board and what you should do calibration wise after.

Mike W0MU