Fred,

What Operating System are you using? Does it work properly with the K3?

If it's a Windows OS. You can change the baud rate by going into
Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Ports and find
the one labeled USB (most likely name) with COM5 after it. The default baud
rate is usually 9600. If I recall correctly the K2 should be 4800...
Hopefully this will clear it up.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Fred Jensen wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas why N1MM logger periodically puts up the "lost
> comm" box when it's controlling my K2?  It reconnects automatically, and
>   controls the radio just fine, only once the box comes up, I have to
> manually click "OK" to get rid of it.  I'm using the KUSB adapter I got
> from E'craft with my K3 to create the COM port, it comes up as COM5.
> Maybe there's a way to change the polling rate?
>
> I'm so far out of my league when it comes to stuff like this ...
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
> - www.cqp.org

-----
Julius Fazekas
N2WN