On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Ignacy wrote:

>I find that with the equalization I can make any mike sound good with
>K3. A $15 computer headset or a $20 Best Buy hand mike need lots of
>equalization. Heil HC4 sounds good as is.

Not ANY mic, but most mics. Professional condensers, including
professional electret condensers, are NOT suitable for use with ANY ham
rig, including the K3, because it is WAY too complicated (and
expensive) to provide phantom power. See

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/HamInterfacing.pdf

and the Appendix on audio in

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

>One of the great features of K3 beside the equalizers is ability to
>use computer microphones/headsets  without any extra connectors.

YES.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC