Hi Joe,

You also wrote:
> You won't see much on the headphone output because of the 10 uF
> coupling capacitors. The effect is quite obvious on both the
> speaker output and the line output (if you have made the line
> out modification [R19/20] in K3AF Mod Rev 3).
>
> If you replace the 10 uF headphone coupling capacitors with
> 330 uF caps as recommended by W9AC the headphone output will
> more like a good external speaker.

On Paul's mods, I've been there and done that on both a stock K3 and a
modified one.  I still don't hear the excessive bass you were mentioning and
more important I can't measure it!  I went back this morning and measured
the speaker out and for that matter all other outputs for fun.  When I go to
RX EQ bands 1 and 2 and put them at -16 dB I see a gentle roll off starting
at 200 hz.  However I see the same gentle roll off at zero dB on RX EQ bands
1 and 2.  On the line output I see a little less bass than the other outputs
and I would expect this since it has a transformer in line that the speaker
and phone output doesn't.  In fact I don't see a change if I go crazy
boosting RX RQ bands 1 and 2.

Joe, I am not complaining mind you, I am just not seeing this excessive bass
you posted in your message at zero or a huge reduction in bass response
at -16 on bands 1 and 2.  LO cut is still at 0, I am still on LSB at 2.8 BW.

So I am still must be missing something here.  BTW this K3 has all the AF,
speaker mods, per the K3 Enhancement and Application Notes page.  Also I do
run from time to time a nice bookshelve and external amp speaker system.
The walls are very safe here from excessive bass response.

73 de jay/w5jay..