That's VERY slick!  And certainly simpler than using an external mixer.
As you say, it goes away with a power cycle, and also when I turn the
SUB off then back on.  So far it seems to survive most other changes
I've tried, though  ... mode, band, filter, VFO, etc.

I've already programmed one of the command tester macros for it.  Is
there an equivalent command to set it back to normal?

Nice work!

73,
Dave   AB7E