Just put sn:2950 together this weekend and would agree 100% with your
comments Gary. Also I would add that a picture showing the sub assembly in
expanded (blow-out)form would be nice. I am pretty sharp most of the time
but I sat looking at both shells wondering what the hell I was supposed to
do with them because I only ever saw one in the pictures.

Having assembled a KX1 with options in the past I was worried that I would
get the K3 3/4 assembled just to have to tear 1/2 of it back down to install
something that could have been done earlier. Kudos to Elecraft for option
breakouts in the manual preventing this from happening.

More clarity on the J92 setup on the sub assembly would be nice. I hooked
the aux RF port up and taped the tmp connector as instructed. Then it was
never referenced again. Then you get to the sub rec assembly and it has j92
connecting to J63 on the KAT3. Left me wondering what the hell to do. In the
end both got disconnected and taped up as I am not setup with two antennas
at the moment and will just use the main for input for the time being.

 A Matrix up-front in the K3 assembly instructions showing the 3 options
might not be a bad thing.

What a bad ass little radio. Coming from an Orion II this is a real treat.

Off to drink more Kool-Aid as they say.

Cheers
Doug K0ZU