Hello Mike,

Here I use a Heil ProSet Plus headset which has the HC-4 and HC-5 mike
elements, although I do not use the HC-4 "DX" element with my K2/100 #3255
which does not contain any of the "official" mods. I do not use any external
mic preamp with this K2/100 because one is not required, i.e.100 watts pep
output is delivered on all bands without an external mic preamp.

SSBA and SSBC are both set to 3, but I do not use VOX. When using the K2/100
I try to avoid heavy ALC action, just a flicker of one bar, too much ALC
might result in "buckshot" splatter.

Because most of my operating involves DX, mostly on 40m and 15m, the nominal
bandwidth of the SSB transmit crystal filter in my K2 and other rigs is 2.1
kHz. If a DX's receiver bandwidth is set narrowish, I would suggest that
using a wider transmit bandwidth is not really desireable. I did modify my
K2's SSB2 filter to reduce its passband ripple, but the change in component
values could well be different in other K2's. I won't bore you with the
reasons for that.

I must admit that I set the PA bias while looking at the IMD products during
two tone tests, within the limits of allowed power dissipation of course.

Hope that this helps.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD