When I turn on NR the audio noise level goes down.  When a SSB signal is
received the audio peaks.  I have my RX EQ set flat.  In these peaks there are
resonances in my internal speaker (if I use it) as well as my two external
speakers that plainly makes noise reduction unpleasant.  It can be minimally
tolerated at F-1-1 level with speakers.  It is somewhat more tolerable with a
good headset.  Part of the problem may be in speaker response, but I also think
a big part of the problem is in the noise reduction algorythms.   If noise
reduction is not recommended with reduced bandwidth in CW, and unpleasant
artifacts occur in SSB; then I find NR to be useless.  I hope the discussion of
white noise and pink noise will lead to something that will improve the noise
reduction function in the K3.  Roy Morris  W4WFB