All true Ron!

Fact remains that by law of physics / psycho-acoustics "pink" is perceived
by average human ears as flat.
Therfore (I think) it would be nice to start off with a flat noise
character, and adjust that per individual by the RX EQ.

You will also notice that the range of the EQ by ear will become larger if
it's fed with pink.
So it will still be possible to counter-adjust your personal curve.

73'
Paul
PD0PSB

It's important to note that the spectrum of the noise each of us hears is
*not* the spectrum presented by the source.

Everything we hear is filtered by our ears. In the past youngster's ears
were considered rather 'flat' from perhaps 20 Hz up to above 16 kHz.

It's no wonder there are as many opinions about the "sound" of a rig as
there are people listening...

Ron AC7AC