For you K3 owners who want some CW practice other than W1AW or who want to play
with decoding some RTTY press (news) broadcasts might find this interesting. If
you enjoy it, be sure to subscribe to the group at the mail address below for
future updates.

BTW, the frequencies are:

KSM CW:

426
500
4350.5
6474.0
8438.3
12993.0
16914.0
22445.8

KSM RTTY:

8433.0
12631.0

On Saturday 5/16 KSM operations will consist of press and weather broadcasts.
Operators will not be listening for calls from ships. Operations will commence
at about 1000pdt/1700utc on both CW and RTTY.

K6KPH will not be available.

The reason for this change is that the National Park Service will be doing an
extensive cleaning of the operating room at the receive station. Some may say
this is overdue as I doubt the place has been really cleaned since it was
installed! In any case the claening will be incompatible with normal operations.

In a related note, we have received requests from listeners who use our 25wpm
broadcasts for code practice for something less predictable than the highly
formatted weather broadcasts. Thus the Transmitter Department has agreed to
provide extended press and weather service on CW on a regular basis. Steve will
edit his usual RTTY broadcasts to make them applicable for CW. These
transmissions will be keyed from the Bolinas transmitter site. The KSM 2130utc
weather broadcast will be keyed from the receiver site as usual.

If you are not a member of our mailing list and would like to receive
information like this directly just send an email message to:

radiomarine-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

VY 73,

RD