Hi K3 Group,

After many months finally found time to set up my K3 with MH2
microphone. Got it updated to version 3.11 and operating fine on cw. But
SSB is no go. Using earphones it seems OK and had a QSO that way. Upon
removing earphones to use the speaker, WOW, blasted out of room with
audio squalling when press PTT. Same thing happens with earphones
connected and hold mic next to earphones when use PTT; not loud though.
Same thing with zero power or in TEST mode. Have tried various changes
in configuration but no luck. Don't think the following is connected to
this problem but have noticed that when turn rf gain down to zero the S
meter moves all the way up to 80 over S 9 and have been told that on the
air my voice sounds like too much base. If anyone knows the solution to
the audio feedback, I would appreciate it if they inform me on what to
do. Perhaps a another FW download is needed or perhaps a go at parameter
initialization. Sure hope it is not a hardware.

Thanks for any help.

73,
Bud Morin, K9ZT