Bud Morin wrote:

> After many months finally found time to set up my K3 with MH2
> microphone. Got it updated to version 3.11 and operating fine on cw. But
> SSB is no go. Using earphones it seems OK and had a QSO that way. Upon
> removing earphones to use the speaker, WOW, blasted out of room with
> audio squalling when press PTT. Same thing happens with earphones
> connected and hold mic next to earphones when use PTT; not loud though.

This is because you have the MONITOR volume turned up. The monitor allows you
to hear your
own signal, which is useful with headphones. But you can't use it with the
speaker, for
the reason that you have discovered. In SSB mode, push and turn the MON control
all the
way down.

This is not specific to the K3; any rig that has a monitor function will have
the same issue.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco