> I'm just getting back onto Ham radio after 50 years.

KF7CNJ? I'll assume that was not your orignal call.  hi    I was
originally licensed in the early '70s but dropped out in the '90s.  It
took my son (W2CVZ) to get me back into the hobby.

> If I get the K3/100 Kit, what is needed to put the kit together  ?

Good question. I thought that info would have been in the faqs for the
K3, but I don't see it.

Page 8 of the K3 Assembly Manual lists the necessary tools. It is a
pdf document and I don't have an easy way to get the relevant text
into an email. Basically you'll need normal hand tools, a DMM, and a
50ohm dummy load. In my experience a _very_good_ size 1 phillips
screwdriver is important.

Take a look at the assembly manual for all the details:
<http://www.elecraft.com/manual/K3_Assembly_Manual_Rev_G_WEB.pdf>

Mark  AD5SS