My preferred solution is to use a Phillips screw starter.  You can
find different models by searching the net.  The ones I use are
similar to these
<http://www.generaltools.com/Products/Phillips-Screw-Starter__8083.aspx>.
I have a larger and smaller one.  They are great because you can hold
a screw vertically and lower it into the hole.

Weha has a nice little magnitizer/demagnitizer which can let you have
your tools either way. <http://www.wihatools.com/400seri/40010ser.htm>

David K0LUM