On May 3, 2009, at 6:40 PM, wayne burdick wrote:

> Meanwhile, I save all of the suggestions I receive (or see posted)
> regarding future K2 functionality.

Wayne was collecting these ideas starting two years ago, just as the
K3 was announced:

http://n2.nabble.com/Re%3A-Announcing-the-Elecraft-K3-Transceiver%3A-10-100W%2C-160-6m-td446059.html#a446076

I gave a lot of thought to my list of improvements in this thread -- I
can't think of anything I'd add right now, either. At least, nothing
that can easily be fixed. (I do have an issue running RTTY and having
to change the audio injection level each time I change bands, but I'm
not sure how that can be "fixed" since RTTY AFSK runs below the ALC
level of the K2, so you're subject to all the gain variation from band
to band)

Most of my wishes are really about the KSB2:
http://n2.nabble.com/KSB2---1.9-kHz-mods-and-wish-list-td371924.html#a371924

I hope Wayne will have time to address these wishes. While the K3 is
great (and I still can't afford one yet), the K2 is quite good, and
could be better.

I'm glad the K3 has been such a runaway success for Elecraft. I still
love my K2.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa...@arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901