When I see as many posts about a single subject as I see on this one, with
as simple as answer as is available, IMHO it's time for Elecraft to step up,
and use stainless steel screws.

Not everyone operates in low humidity or air conditioned environments, and
the cost, especially in the quantities Elecraft orders them, would be
nominal to say the least.

What about it, Eric?  How about a "K3SS" ("SS" for stainless screws :-)  )
model?

73,
Steve
NN4X
(who may have a screw or two loose, but none are rusted...)

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Johnny Siu <vr2...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The case screws rusted as well in my K3.  Elecraft has sent me replacement
> screws.

[SNIP]