Frank MacDonell wrote:
> I am using a center fed dipole in the attic for a K3. Does the antenna
> generate any measurable amount of heat during TX? Thanks.

Yes.  Subject to using suitable measuring instruments.

If the antenna is a reasonable length, a lot more heat will be generated
in the building structure (conceivably more than 50% of the power) than
in the antenna wire.  If the antenna is, in particular, electrically
very short, a lot of the power could go to directly heating it.

I will also depend on the size and construction of the wire.

Why?  If you are considering the total thermal load, I think the
building structure dissipation will be the most important factor.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to