n...@yahoo.com wrote:

> However, using my "backwards" logic from above, consider actually
+ trying to absorb the transmitter power in the building without it
+ leaking to the outside. Having done measurements in anechoic chambers
+ and free-space antenna ranges, I can tell you that it's difficult.

This isn't about high attenuations.  The reasoning I used here is that,
if building structure losses were negligible, loft antennas would be
standard for the higher bands, rather than considered a last resort.

> Or try to imagine purposely attempting to heat the attic with a 50 W
+ heating element. If it's a cold climate, it's not going to happen and if
+ it's like where I live where last week the air temperature was 102F and
+ the solar insolation on the roof was 1 KW/m^2, what effect would another
+ 50 W make?

I'd agree that the additional heat load would be rather small, and I
would be curious to know the reason for the question.

PS.  Your email program has a couple of problems.  Firstly it is not
setting an In-Reply-To header, which is breaking threading of the list
when viewed with threading mail programs on the web interfaces.
Secondly it is using a non-standard end of line sequence in its quoted
printable encoding. That will probably be handled by the error recovery
in most software.  (MIME encoding the end of line also goes against the
design philosophy of MIME quoted printable, namely that the message
should almost work when viewed by a plain text only email program.)

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to