I have been stuck on that step for such a long time.  Once I read it
wrong, every time I got the KAT2 out and thought I'd fix it, I read it
the same way.  I have resoldered all the parts in the SWR reading
circuit multiple times and replaced T1 at least twice.

If I had just read properly, I would have known that the board is
fine.  My complete K2 is now assembled and working!  It has been
working fine without the antenna tuner, but now it is complete.

Thanks again for your help with this.

73
Jay
W9IUF