I agree.  The K2 took me a month of evenings and was enjoyable.  The K3 took
a whole day and was over too soon!  Both radios worked fine from the first
power up.

There is quite a lot of soldering and toroid-winding in the K2, none of that
for the K3.  If the K2 is like Meccano, the K3 is like Lego.

73
Gary  ZL2iFB