Guy, K2AV wrote:

> If the Elecraft guys want to do something serious and high speed, then let
> them use the Ethernet jack.  I'd like to see an ethernet interface module
> option so I can directly remote to it from a computer.  Or an 811g
> wireless
> module for the same purpose.

I can see the uses of that, but why would it have to be an integrated option
and why would it have to come from Elecraft?

I think something like this could be developed as a small standalone box
using a board that runs embedded Linux. It would have Ethernet on one side
running Apache for the web interface, and serial plus audio connections on
the other. By using Hamlib it could be configured to work with ANY radio,
which would greatly increase the potential market size therefore reducing
the cost for would-be buyers.

No, I'm not interested in developing it. But I'm sure it's possible.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html