> Icom's USB (if it's similar to that on my IC-R1500 in any
> case) is simply serial CI-V (*)done over USB with a
> proprietary USB sound-card on top, If Icom's drivers work for
> you great, if you run Linux / mac etc you may be out of luck..

The USB CI-V/Audio support in the IC-7200 and 7600 is nothing
more than an off the shelf USB HUB ic, a USB Audio CODEC and
a no-name USB UART.  The USB CI-V support is very dependent
on the quality of the OEM driver for the USB UART.  I have not
been able to determine if drivers are available for Macintosh
or LINUX systems or whether certified drivers are available
for Windows XP and Vista.

For those who would want USB support for the K3 ... the cost
and red tape required for Windows Certification are very
significant for a small company.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV