Hi

I'm really hesitant about challenging such an accepted authority as AC7AC on
any topic.  But I think he is incorrect when he says "blue light provides the
greatest visual acuity."

A simple experiment (which I have seen performed) can confirm this.  Project a
graded black and white resolution pattern in white light.  Cover the projection
lens successively with red, green and blue colour-separation filters and see
how many of the patterns the eye can resolve in each case.  You will be amazed
at how few can be counted through the blue filter when compared with the green
or, to a lesser extent, the red.

This characteristic of normal human vision is acknowledged in the design of RGB
television systems where less bandwidth is allocated to the blue signal.  If
it's acuity you are looking for, green is your colour, not blue!

73 de Alan G4LWA