> This is not always the case.  The headphones that I'm
> planning on using are Etymotic ER-4P's which are designed
> with a low impedance to remain efficient with portable music
> players but have very flat responses.

Unfortunately, the 10 uF coupling capacitors in the output of
the K3 headphone amplifier form a voltage divider with the
impedance of the headphones (plus the 8.2 Ohm resistors Lyle
references).   For 8 Ohm headphones the -6dB point in the
response is 1 KHz (Xc=16 Ohms).  With 200 Ohm phones the -6dB
drops to about 75 Hz (Xc=208 Ohms) and with 600 Ohm phones
the -6dB point drops to about 25 Hz (Xc=608 Ohms).

This is purely a function of the series RC output of the
headphone amplifier and does not effect the speaker
response.  K9AC has recommended replacing the 10 uF caps
with 220 uF caps which would reduce the corner frequency
for low impedance headsets to about 50 Hz but since my
primary headset is the Proset I have not tried it as yet.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV