Hi,

After 3 years I decided to use my RS232 interface, however it does not work,
I measured the voltages and only had -1 volt on pin 8!!! I thought the Max
1406 maybe faulty so change it and also fitted an ic socket, still -1 volt
and -2.5 with the ic removed. fault traced to C38 it was cracked! replacing
this I now have -12 Volts. However still no comms. I am using the correct
elecraft lead.

PC works with an FT847 using a null modem lead so the PC serial port is
working.

can anyone (Help Don)  give me some guidence to fault find, if I scoped TXD
going in to the Max 1406 what should I expect?

73's

Andrew